Saturday, February 13, 2016

Leo and Cancer Dogs



I miss my dog while at the hospital. I certified him as an Emotional Support Animal, hoping that my wife could bring him to the ward and cheer up other visitors (and me too of course). Certain hospitals allow this, but the VA does not.

I thought I'd post a photo of us sleeping side by side just before I started this round of chemo. As a side note, I just realized how fat he's gotten since I began treatment. I'm going to attribute this to the fact that he's binge eating because he's depressed that I have cancer. That's probably not true, but that's what I tell myself.

Actually, there are studies showing that dogs are able to detect cancer very early. Researchers have toyed with the idea of using dogs for this purpose. Imagine sitting in a waiting room and having such a dog casually stroll through the aisles of the hospital or ER. Now picture that dog walking up to you and calmly sitting down as an indicator that you are cancerous. Not a great way to break it to someone that they might have cancer. As a practical joke, you could develop some cancer cologne and put it in the air vents or spray it on people passing by.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan, you dont know me but I know you. Well I do not "know" you in the traditional sense, but "of you" through my family. I met your Leo last week when visititing with my aunt Sharron & uncle Gene. He is a charmer. Quite the lil' man. I wish you a speedy recovery Nathan . God Bless you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan Berry , I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    While net suffering, I got a news regarding "Investment Opportunity in the Development of a New Cancer Drug", and they are researching and preparing a Drug named "Escozine for Pets", which save the Pets from Cancer. I am also investing few Dollars in that Company, for which it will help them for more research.

    ReplyDelete