Saturday, February 13, 2016

In Sickness and in Health.

When I married my wife, we quoted the words "in sickness and in health...." I cannot believe how faithful she has been throughout this whole ordeal. Several times a week she drives through Bay Area traffic to deliver food and provide me support in every way fathomable.

I have seen many marriages torn apart by this disease. You would think it disgusting to abandon someone during this period, but often it is the patient that pushes the spouse away. This is especially true for men. I too went through a period where I wanted my wife to be free of this situation. But then I saw how much she loved me, and I saw how much it hurt when I isolated myself from her.

Cancer affects everyone. The more your spouse loves you, the more it hurts them to watch you suffer. Patients exacerbate an already stressful situation by forsaking their love ones.


Happy Valentine's Day honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment