Friday, July 1, 2016

Leaving Hotel California

Back to being outpatient tonight. At this point, it's all about pain management, which can be done from home. My recent surge of GVHD was again life threatening, and I am far from being out of the woods. Basically, for the next year or so, I'm going to have to be very careful about infections and sunlight. (Too much sun triggers my relapse which puts me on a heavy dose of immunosuppressants which opens me up for infections and further hospitalization.) For now, I am going to do everything possible to avoid another visit to Hotel California. This has been the lowest point of my life, bar none and I am going to do everything possible to prevent another inpatient stay.
At the moment, I'm thankful to be alive; however, these next 6 months to a year will be crucial. Thanks to everyone for the ongoing prayer and support.
Tonight, I'm going to enjoy some much needed rest without interruptions every hour. This last experience has been the worst pain and sleep deprivation that I have ever experienced. I'd rather redo bootcamp with the Marines and Army than stay here another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment