Wednesday, July 6, 2016

GVHD Returned

After examining my skin, the doctors have determined that my GVHD likely returned and they will again begin treatment.. Thankfully, I am not being admitted, but I will be receiving my immunosuppressants through an IV twice a day until the GVHD is again under control. That means that I will be at the hospital from about 8:00 am to 7:00 pm every day. Eventually, I can push for the ability to administer the medicine at home through my PICC line, but for now, they want to monitor me a bit more closely. Also, there are discussions about adding a third immunosuppressant. I'm barely functioning with Prednisone and Tacrolimus; I cannot imagine adding to this burden. Also, the longer I'm on these medications, the longer it takes the BK virus to clear my system. I'm also very likely to catch other infections. If I don't surmount this hurdle, it is really only a matter of time before I catch another infection. The only question then is whether the infection is deadly or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment