Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Frustration and Apathy

I've pretty much lost faith in the VA at this point. The mistakes from the staff are really starting to add up, the doctors are just grabbing a handful of darts and hoping that one will hit the bulls eye with my treatment, the urgent call last night is still unaccounted for, it takes an average of one hour for my nurse to get me pain medications or respond to my requests for anything (I just brought my own medication this time). On the other hand, there's always some nurse here checking my vitals every three hours instead of every four, listening to my lungs every two or three hours, training some new person from a different unit, taking my blood sugar despite the fact that it hasn't changed in the past week, or trying to make small talk by asking if I'm enjoying Seattle and seeing the sights.

It has taken me over an hour to write this entry because of interruptions. Three times someone stopped by to ask if I had filled a urine sample (this is the second one today), two sets of vitals, blood sugar checked twice, two different people listened to my lungs, a pharmacist came by to discuss some new medicine, some will open my computer screen and ask me what I am writing, another person came to try to get me to speak with a psychiatrist...and in the meantime, I asked for some pain medication an hour ago for my joints.

Although I've physically checked in to Hotel California, mentally I have checked out. I'm just putting my faith in God at this point. I need to regain a positive attitude and be a better witness. However, I'm very frustrated with the situation, and I could really use some privacy. I need some alone time to mentally regroup, but that's just not going to happen for a very, very long time.

3 comments:

  1. Lord have Mercy ! The stress of interruption and the mixed messages are so , so unacceptable. You are being prayed for by many people, those who know you & those who do not. Sending you healing Light always...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...no words. How terrible! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forced sleep deprivation is actually a form of torture...

    ReplyDelete