Wednesday, July 13, 2016

PS

I forgot to note that I do have two infections that were recently discovered: CMV is back and another called citrobacter freundii. Meanwhile, the BK virus still lingers, my skin GVHD is still not responding to the steroid treatment, and I am set to begin ECP treatment tomorrow.

The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance refused to do ECP treatment if I was inpatient with the VA. So I am being moved to outpatient. However, because I'm at the hospital from 7:00 to 21:00 anyhow, there's very little difference and I view the transfer as nominal--especially when I get called at midnight to come in for what turned out to be a contaminated sample. (Yes, that is correct, I was called in and told that I was near death most likely because of a contaminated sample. Yeonsil was in tears and thought she had already lost her husband; she's still having a hard time coping with what is going on and what to expect of the situation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment