Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Wrong Patient?

0:41. After reporting to the ER, I decided to call the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMTU) because they are more familiar with my situation. The BMTU is aware of the "possible infection" but they believe the ER either called the wrong patient or they are reacting to a false reading of my blood. Of course the BMTU could be wrong and the ER could be correct. However, it's frustrating that one party practically declared my imminent death such that Yeonsil was in tears thinking she had already lost her husband while the other party is in the extreme opposite corner saying that they have the wrong patient.

Meanwhile it is now approaching 1 am and it doesn't look like I'll be getting much rest. Moreover, even if I was admitted by accident, I am stuck here for 72 hours as a matter of policy. I don't know whether to be preparing for my end or whether I should be upset with the lack competence. Regardless, I'm just going to refrain from anxiety, trust in the Lord, and try to close my eyes and rest whenever possible.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan & Yeonsil,
    Grace ran across this yesterday in her reading:

    “Tis He sustains my feeble powers
    With His almighty arms:
    He watches my unguarded hours,
    Against invading harms.

    No scorching sun, no sickly moon,
    Have leave from Him to smite:
    He shields my head from burning noon,
    From blasting damps at night.

    He guards my soul, He keeps my breath,
    When thickest dangers come:
    Still I’ll go on, secure from death,
    Til He commands me home.

    -George Whitefield, written at 25 years of age, Saturday, February 16, 1740
    From “George Whitefield’s Journals”.

    We are praying for you both.
    -Paul & Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan and Yeonsil,

    In your suffering you are a witness to us and everyone around you, and as hard as it has been for you, I thank God for the blessing that it's meant to us, prayer for His dependence and staying grateful for the little and big things. I praise God that He's given you the patience, wisdom, and hope to endure this, I'm sure it hasn't been easy. Please be encouraged that your suffering has not been in vain. We keep praying with and for you. Please let us know if there is any way we can help even from afar.
    In the love of Christ, tight warm hugs to both!
    Raquel and family

    ReplyDelete