Friday, October 7, 2016

More Infections

As an outpatient, I am being treated for two new infections that were discovered this past week. The antibiotics and immunosuppressants are really starting to have a cumulative impact on my blood counts such that platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cell counts are all dropping to uncomfortable levels. Nonetheless, God is good, and these new infections are less painful than the last. For the most part, I'm just very exhausted.

I think that I have resigned myself to the fact that this year will be a constant struggle. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I do notice that I'm having a rougher go of things than most other patients.

For someone who used to be physically strong and very self-reliant, this has been an absolute nightmare. However, it has really forced me to focus on what is important in life, and I continue to praise God for the changes that he has effectuated within me--even if it took two rounds of cancer.

2 comments:

  1. We continue to pray for you and Yeonsil...and read your posts. Thank you for your updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers; we do the same for your family as well.

      Delete