Sunday, October 23, 2016

How am I doing?

For those who keep up with my blog, it's no secret that I loathe this question. The answer is that I honestly do not know how I am doing, but here is the state of things:

Physical updates are as follows:

1. I just received a full two days off from the VA. I pray that my appointments continue to become less and less. The more free time I have, the more time I can rest, relax, exercise, and eat healthy--all of which is very important for my physical recovery.

2. We started tapering my morning dose of prednisone. Unfortunately, I have just come from 90 mg to 85 mg. My oncologists are having a discussion about tapering me faster, and I pray this occurs. The medicine is a major obstacle to my physical recovery; it prevents solid sleep and muscle growth. Nevertheless, we have finally resumed the taper after a long pause.

3. Although I still cannot taste anything, I have been eating better.

4. My energy level is still very low, and I have periods where I can do nothing except lie in bed.

5. There are still random episodes of acute joint pain, stomach aches, headaches, and general malaise. Yet overall I have come down on some pain medication so I believe that is an improvement overall.

All in all, things are on the up, and I will do my best to ensure that I progress. Please keep praying that this trend continues; I would like to resume classes in January. Who knows what the future holds or how much time I have, but I am eager to use what time I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment